1. Security of Information and Data. We have taken steps to ensure that your personal information and data are protected from unauthorized users. You are using a secure server (SSL) when you register or otherwise interact with our services. Information exchanged through SSL technology is encrypted, which means that the information is translated into unreadable code and then decoded at the time it is accessed by an authorized user.
3. Password. When you register with the Web Site, you will select a user name and password. The user name and password will be used to help secure the information that you provide in the course of using the Web Site. Also, some of the Web Site’s functionality is not available to you without registering a user name and password. Specifically:
- Your answer files will not be stored for future retrieval without a registered user name and password.
- Your user name and password will only be disclosed at your request to the e-mail address that you provided when you registered with the Web Site.
Do not give anyone your user name or password; this helps to ensure that only authorized parties have access to private communications.
4. Protection From Unauthorized Access. The servers we use are located in HVAC temperature-controlled environments with physical security features, including smoke detection and fire suppression systems and secured access. Additionally, a "firewall" protects against unauthorized electronic access to the Web Site’s servers from the outside.
5. Collection and Use of Personal Information. Except for registration information and any data provided during the creation of a document, we do not collect data or information to identify specific visitors or track how they have used or accessed different features of the Web Site.
We may use IP (Internet Protocol) addresses as they appear in Web Site log files to analyze trends, administer the Web Site, track users' movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not associate IP addresses with personally identifiable information.
6. Sharing Personal Information With Third Parties. The Provider does not sell or, except as set forth below, give any personally identifiable information (including e-mail addresses) of, or documents created by, its users to third parties. However, please be aware of the following:
- We may provide third parties with summaries of site traffic information that do not affect your anonymity, such as the number of visitors to a particular area of the site.
- We may share certain user data (after removing any personally identifiable information so as to not affect your anonymity), but not answer files, with third-party software developers for the purpose of debugging software used by the Provider in connection with the Web Site.
- We may share answer files and other user data (in each case after removing any personally identifiable information so as to not affect your anonymity) with researchers or other third parties for the purposes of data mining, analysis/evaluations, academic studies and similar purposes.
- In order to provide certain services to you (for example, certain e-filing services, if available in your jurisdiction), we may provide you with the option of granting us permission to share your answers or documents with third parties. In such instances, we do not have any control over these third parties, and the privacy practices and other terms of the third parties will control the use of the information by the third parties.
- We may disclose documents you have created or personally identifiable information you have submitted to us if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary in order for us to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our rights, operations or users.
- We may also disclose documents you have created or personally identifiable information you have submitted to us as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a governmental request, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Web Site. However, if anyone serves legal papers on us to force us to disclose your identity or any other information about you, we will, to the extent permitted by applicable law, attempt to notify you using the e-mail address that you have provided to us so that you may oppose any order to disclose such information.
7. Applicability to Other Websites. The Web Site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices of other web sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Web Site and to read the privacy statements of every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
8. Use of E-Mail Addresses. We may send e-mail to you once you register on the site. Out of respect for your privacy, you have control over what you receive. You may choose not to receive communications from us by selecting the "unsubscribe" link on any email.
Last revised: January 17, 2012