Terms and Conditions
2. Registration: The use of certain features of the Web Site requires your registration. You agree to provide accurate and complete registration information. If any of the information that you provided when you initially registered changes, you must update your registration information to reflect those changes.
5. No Commercial Usage: This Web Site is intended for use by: low-income individuals; lawyers and their staff providing not-for-profit or reduced fee legal assistance to low-income individuals; self-represented litigants accessing this Web Site through court web sites approved by the Provider; court personnel assisting other permitted users; and nonprofit and charitable organizations and their legal and other representatives acting on their behalf on a not-for-profit basis (the "Permitted Use"). The reproduction, copying, or redistribution of Content for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of the Provider. (Note: Arkansas, California, New Mexico and New York state court web sites have been approved by the Provider.)
9. Use of Provider's Service Marks and Trade Dress: You may use the Provider's service marks in referring to the Content without the Provider's express permission, provided that you follow standard trademark usage practices and provide proper attribution. Any other uses require the Provider's express written permission. You may not use the Provider's service marks or trade dress in a third party service name or publication title; in, as, or as part of your own service or marks; to identify products or services that are not the Provider's; in a manner likely to cause confusion; in a manner that implies inaccurately that the Provider sponsors, endorses, or is otherwise connected with, your own activities, products, and services; as hidden or embedded text in web pages; or in a manner disparaging of the Provider or the Web Site.
10. Links to and from Third Party Sites: If you use any links on the Web Site to reach other web sites not maintained by the Provider, you will leave the Web Site. The linked sites are not under the control of the Provider and the Provider is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Provider provides these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply recommendation, approval or endorsement by the Provider of the linked web site, nor does it imply that the linked web site recommends, approves of, or endorses the Provider or the Web Site. You may not link to our website from a third party website; you may not use any information, including text, forms, documents, images, graphics, logos, button icons, information obtained from Provider's licensors, and other content or any copyright material owned by Provider or Provider's licensers or any Provider trademark, service mark or logo for any purposes, including any commercial purpose, without the express written consent of Provider. We reserve the right to withdraw such permission for any link, if granted, at any time.
11. Termination: You are free to terminate your registration with the Web Site at any time for any reason by deleting any answer files you may have saved and ceasing to access the site. The Provider may terminate or suspend your license to the Web Site at any time for any reason in its sole discretion without notice to you. The Provider reserves the right to discontinue the operation of the Web Site at any time for any reason without notice to you.
12. User Conduct: You agree to not use the Web Site to:
- a. upload any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- b. harm minors in any way;
- c. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Provider's staff member, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- d. upload any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- e. upload any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- f. upload any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in areas that are designated for such purpose;
- g. upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- h. interfere with or disrupt the Web Site or servers or networks connected to the Web Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Web Site;
- i. "stalk" or otherwise harass another; or
- j. collect or store personal data about other users.
13. DISCLAIMER: THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. THE PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE WEB SITE, THE CONTENT, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT. THE PROVIDER DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER COMPONENTS, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEB SITE WILL ALWAYS BE ACCESSIBLE. THE PROVIDER DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL BE CORRECT, ACCURATE, TIMELY, OR OTHERWISE RELIABLE. YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THE PROVIDER WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY TECHNICAL OR OTHER SUPPORT IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE.
14. Limitation of liability: BY YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE USE OF THE WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENT, WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE AGAINST THE PROVIDER OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHO HAS SUPPLIED CONTENT TO THE WEB SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY SHALL THE PROVIDER OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE CONTENT OR THE WEB SITE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, THE SOLE OBLIGATION OF THE PROVIDER OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHO HAS SUPPLIED CONTENT TO THE WEB SITE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
15. No Technical Support: You are encouraged to bring any errors, problems, or other issues concerning the Content or Web Site to the attention of the Provider for the benefit of your fellow users. However, the Provider will not provide technical or other support in connection with the use of the Web Site and retains the right to respond to your comments in any manner or no manner at all, subject to its sole discretion.
17. Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Provider and any third party providing Content to the Web Site from any and all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising as a result of your use of the Web Site.
18. Third Party Rights: The provisions of Sections 13 (Disclaimer), 14 (Limitation of Liability), 16 (Arbitration) and 17 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of the Provider and any third party providing Content to the Web Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
19. Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement: The Provider reserves the rights to remove any Content that allegedly infringes a third party's copyright and to prohibit further use of the Web Site by the individuals responsible for said infringement. Notices to the Provider regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be sent by first-class mail, return receipt requested, to LawHelp Interactive Project Coordinator, c/o Pro Bono Net, Inc., 151 West 30th Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
Last revised: May 27, 2010